If you’re looking for a career that is hugely rewarding and gratifying, becoming a PE teacher could be the right route for you. As a PE teacher, not only will you improve and develop the sporting ability of your students, you will also watch their confidence and determination grow.
Educating children that PE is more than just playing sports is vital. Teaching PE is also about showing students how to grow personally, maintain a healthy lifestyle throughout their lives, and be inspired, motivated, and challenged by the subject.
You will show them how to maintain their performance in physical activities and understand the benefits of fitness, health, and well-being.
When you teach PE at secondary level, you will ensure that pupils:
- Develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance
- Understand how the physiological and psychological state affects performance in physical activity and sport
- Perform effectively in physical activities by developing skills and techniques and using tactics and strategies
- Develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance in physical activity and sport
- Understand the contribution which physical activity and sport make to health, fitness and well-being
Benefits of participating in a PE teacher training course with us:
- You will receive ongoing support from the globally-renowned York St John University
- We are in partnership with an outstanding network of schools, with the added opportunity of being able to teach in sixth forms
- To help support your year of teacher training, you may be eligible for funding
- We are consistently rated ‘good’ and ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted