Much like teaching any subject, teachers who are passionate about maths are able to share their knowledge and excitement with their students.
The purpose of teaching maths is to encourage students to build confidence and have a positive learning attitude towards the subject. It should educate them that maths is important in their own lives and in society which will allow them to excel in their learning.
Teaching maths should also provide a strong mathematical foundation for students who wish to study the subject at a higher level, such as post-16 education.
When you teach Maths at secondary level, you will ensure that pupils:
- Develop strong knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical concepts and methods
- Acquire, select, and apply mathematical technique in order to solve problems
- Can reason mathematically, make deductions and inferences and draw conclusions
- Can comprehend, interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context
Benefits of participating in a Maths teacher training course with us:
- You will receive ongoing support from the globally-renowned York St John University
- We are in partnership with an outstanding network of schools, with the added opportunity of being able to teach in sixth forms
- To help support your year of teacher training, you may be eligible for funding
- We are consistently rated ‘good’ and ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted