Good chemistry teachers are always in high demand! Therefore, if you choose to teach this subject, you could be eligible for funding to help support your training along the way.
Not only this, you will become a real asset to any school you wish to follow on your teaching journey in. By using your valuable skills, knowledge, and expertise; as a chemistry teacher you will help shape the learning and futures of your students.
Along the way, students should be educated on the composition, structure, properties, and reactions of matter. They should learn to appreciate the achievements of chemistry by being shown how the complex and diverse phenomena of natural and man-made worlds can be explained by a small number of key ideas.
When you teach Chemistry at secondary level, you will ensure that pupils have strong knowledge of:
- Energy changes
- Chemical changes
- Quantitative Chemistry
- Atomic structure and the Periodic Table
- Bonding, Structure, and the Properties of Matter
- Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry Analysis
- Chemistry of the Atmosphere
- The Rate and Extent of Chemical Change
Benefits of participating in a Chemistry teacher training course with us:
- You will receive ongoing support from the globally-renowned York St John University
- We are in partnership with an outstanding network of schools, with the added opportunity of being able to teach in sixth forms
- To help support your year of teacher training, you may be eligible for funding
- We are consistently rated ‘good’ and ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted